Saturday, May 2, 2009

1 May 2009

I am now one month into the PhotoGenX adventure. So many things have happened already.
I got on a plane with almost no money...
I have seen God provide over two thousand dollars for my fees, just through other people in PhotoGenX...
I have about as much money as I came with...
I have made friends with quite a few people, some deeper than others and continuing to deepen...
I have felt feelings I am all too familiar with and am terrified of feeling, and I don't know what to do with them...
I have heard God speak to me personally almost every day...
I have been confronted about the wrong things I've done and the ways I've heart other people and God, turned around and asked for and received forgiveness...
I have jumped off a cliff after all my friends jumped off said cliff...
I have read three books for the class, and the Gospel of Matthew...
I have spent hours working in the campus kitchen and rediscovering all the ways I dislike working in kitchens, and all the ways I love working in kitchens...
I have gained clarity and become my confused than ever...
I have made long lists of things I've done...
I have found that doing something focused around God and photography and love and mercy and grace and justice and humility makes me feel alive, and that I have a great purpose for living well.

What I love, and what is very difficult, is this is only vaguely scratching the iceberg as far as everything that has happened. I want to talk about all these things and so much more in detail, but it's hard even too write an update.

And if I had just done an update tonight, it would have been about how I need about $700 in my checking account before University of the Nations cashes the check I wrote them. So I probably need it in my account by Monday. And how it addition to $700, I still need $2500 ASAP for the outreach deposit so my airfare to South Africa and back can be purchased. (BTW, I'm going to South Africa, in case you didn't know.)

The money is very important, obviously, but at the same time it actually such a small part of the significant things about DTS and this whole experience. Thus the list at the beginning. I have so much I want to share with everyone, and writing updates on this site seems so inadequate.

The other night I was talking with a good friend from Knox, and it was so much easier to articulate and speak about everything that is happening and I'm learning. So I want to do that, somehow. I'll see if there's any way...

For now, go with these thoughts. Hopefully I might have personal thoughts for many of you soon.

Under the Mercy,

Christopher

1 comment:

  1. I like lists. :)

    You sound good, Chris. Like you're doing well, I mean. And that's good. I feel the confusion, but I also feel the peace. God does that.

    ReplyDelete