Friday, May 8, 2009

listen.trust.wait.patience


New, sort of experimental poem. Dealing with things I'm learning and trying to figure out. Feedback is very, very welcome.

7 May 2009

listen.trust.wait.patience

You told me first to listen. Funny how
I heard that. I thought I heard you,
so aren’t I listening? You said,
Listen. Listen.
“Speak, LORD. Your servant is
listening.”
Trust.
That’s all you said
and then I was stuck with
listen and trust. I heard
nothing else to trust you about.
Maybe you meant trust
in the general, vague, not-actually-helpful
sort of way. Why & what am I trusting
you for?...
Wait
Wait
Wait
While I don’t want to
Wait
and don’t know what to
trust
and I’m not sure I’m even hearing you when I
listen.
What am I doing? What are you doing?

Patience.

And that clears everything up. Yup.
So you want me to listen and
trust and
wait and
it all has to do with patience

while you’re not doing anything
I can see to help me? Unless
listen trust wait patience
are your help for me
and not money or people or comfort I want?

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Chris Wolf. It's great to see and hear about all the wonderful, faith-building experiences you are having. Your blogs also inspire your audience to do some serious reflection and assessment of their own lives. That is the way it should be. Have a very wonderful day, Chris Wolf! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr. Wolf! Sorry my correspondence has been lacking lacking, lately. Nice poem. My thoughts are that God works in mysterious ways. And, speaking from personal experience, good things do come to those who wait. I think you may be on to something in your recognition that listen, trust, wait, patience are the gifts that God is giving to you now. Learn those, and you will have the tools you need to obtain what both you and god desire. (That sounded a little preachy, which wasn't my intention. Bottom line: I think you're on the right track.)
    - Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, So you know how the PhotoGenX thing took you by supprise and now you are following God to the ends of the earth just to sit at his feet. Well, I am proud of your faithfulness and your love for God. I am more and more thankful to be your friend every day because I get to expierence God through you and find out how I am lacking as well. I am excited for you! I love you so much and I know that you are learning things that will change your life. You have a way with words that helps people know what you are doing and examine their hearts at the same time! Hopeing and praying that God is doing more then anyone could imagine for you!

    Your friend,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete