Friday, May 29, 2009

Of Praising God & Paypal & Working

First of all, I want to give huge praise to God. I just found out my airfare for outreach has already been paid for! We took an offering a few weeks ago, just our class, to try to pay all the fees for the whole class, and the money to purchase my airfare came from that. This is amazing. I thought I still had to pay for my airfare. Now I have a much more manageable goal to reach. I only need $3000 to have everything paid for. Praise God! But there is still work to be done...



So I found out that I could create a Paypal button to place on my blog page. This allows folks to make donations by debit/check card that will go directly to my checking account, and I can then pay with checks or debit card the same day. So the only reason supporting me with a donation through Paypal is that it would get to me much, much faster than a check.

Here's the thing: Payments for my school fees are not tax deductible, so I would not be able to send you a tax deduction receipt. Sending a check to Centennial (or Hope Wesleyan) and asking them to send it to me is tax deductible. Going through my church may still be the best option for a number of people. I'd still love to answer any questions or talk about anything, so call or send me an email (p.s.1senior@gmail.com) if you need my number.

So, the other thing I thought of was doing work when I get back to Colorado and Illinois. If you have any odd jobs, cleaning out a garage, any kind of lawn work, anything at all that I could do around a house or office, and you would be willing to pay me for now, I will be able to do work when I return. I will be in Colorado from September 20 to December 26, and I will be in Illinois January 3 until the end of the school year. Let me know if this interests you.

As I said, I just need $3000 more. Please continue to pray about this, and talk with me.

More about South Africa plans and class this week and last week as soon as I have time. ^_^

Grace and Peace! I love you all,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment