Monday, March 1, 2010

Training to become SysAdmin

Hey,

I promised to let you know what I'll be doing immediately here in Germany. It looks like I will most likely help the two IT guys maintain the network and servers at the Castle (the base is in a castle and is referred to as "the Castle" which is awesome), and help with computer related problems students or staff have. I'm excited to help out with tech stuff. I may also be doing some maintenance work or helping in the kitchen, but probably I will mostly be in IT. I have a lot to learn, and it's a big learning curve, but I find system administration fascinating and I am looking forward to working with these guys.

Everyone I've met, all the staff and students have been warm and friendly. I think I will have some good friendship developed very quickly. Yesterday a guy I live with took me around town and shared dinner with me, and tonight a staff couple invited me to dinner with them. This atmosphere of community is exactly where I think I will thrive.

I still need to get my mailing address... I'm meeting with someone for staff intake tomorrow, so I should know then and I will pass it on in my next update.

I would love to Skype with folks, so feel free to find me: topherwolf. I'll be on late morning/early afternoon (your time) when I'm not engaged or sleeping, and same with weekends.

Hope this finds you well. May you be blessed and be a blessing!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment