Thursday, March 4, 2010

Address and Work

So, in case anyone has mail for me, my address in Germany is

Chris Wolf
Untere Dorfstr. 56
02747 Herrnhut
GERMANY

I'm trying to write letters home to a bunch of people... If you think of it, even a note saying "Hallo!" would be appreciated.

• • •

I've been working a little with some maintenance guys fixing up rooms in a building next to the Castle, getting it ready for ~40 students coming back from outreach this weekend. Mostly I've been painting. When I haven't been working on that, I've been working with the IT guys in the Castle. One of the guys left for an outreach today and will be gone for one and a half months, so I'm stepping in to help with the work while he's gone. But I think I will be trained to run IT stuff for the long-term. The second primary IT guy is moving back to CO in April. So to answer the long unanswered question of what I'll be doing until staffing DTS, I'll be doing IT stuff. I think God has put me in a position I'll work well in and really enjoy.

• • •

Things have been good so far. There is either worship, staff meeting, or Bible study that the staff meet for every morning, and that time before working for the day has been invaluable. It will take some time for me to get back into the hang of participating in community worshiping/study/prayer, but I am ready for it. Tomorrow will make a week that I've been in Herrnhut. Not much else to say, so if there is soon I'll let y'all know.


Prayer Requests
  • My best friend is in Basic training with the Army. Please pray for him; he's in the Army.
  • There are a lot of people coming back from outreach this weekend, the students who are here now are being displaced and going to stay in town. The accommodations for the new students are still in the works. And the Castle is going to be hectic during lunch and some other times of the day. Please pray for the students coming back that they would feel welcomed back, have time to talk and share stories, encourage and pray for us who have been here, and that everything might go smoothly.
  • I am applying for a two year visa next week. There shouldn't be any problems getting it, but it is a tad bit important for me to stay and work in Germany.
That's all I can think of now. More to come later.

χάρις καὶ εἰρήνη,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment