Monday, April 6, 2009

Quick and Simple

I have arrived safely in Hawai'i! I did not get the direct flight from Phoenix to Kona I was hoping for. I flew from Phoenix to Honolulu and had about an hour and a half layover. I waited in line for my boarding pass for nearly an hour, and barely made my island hop flight from Honolulu to Kona. Everyone in the line was complaining and impatient because the woman at the check-in counter was helping a couple and having a lot of trouble. I assumed she was doing her best and did my best to be patient, but the attitudes around me made it so difficult. God calls people to be set apart from the status quo mindset, and I think that extends even to attitude while waiting in lines. Everything we say and do is a reflection of spiritual health. (And I would argue the spirit and "spiritual health" are not separate from physical reality and health and anything visible. More on this later...)

This is only the third full day in Hawai'i, but it seems like so much longer already. My time hasn't felt long in a bad way. I'm not sure how to express it. I love the U of N campus so much, and I love the other YWAMers. I feel as though I have known everyone for much longer than three days. We'll all be amazingly close over 12 or 24 weeks. I sincerely hope we will all be close friends for life when we leave.

There is so much to say about YWAM, about U of N, about PhotoGenX, about Hawai'i and Kona, about church this morning, about eagles and parrots, and about myself and God. I'll try to do that soon. But know I am here, I am safe, and I am doing fantastic. Thanks for all your support and prayers and and emails and texts. Keep them coming.

I love you all. Grace and peace!

Chris(Topher) R. R. W.

No comments:

Post a Comment