Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Adventure Commences (Back post from April 2)

I’m sitting in the Denver International Airport, full of black coffee and a little espresso from Caribou Coffee (sorry, Liz), and somewhat tired. I woke up at 4am this morning, after about four hours of sleep (I pack somewhat last minute…). I’ve been at DIA sine about 6am, two hours now. Check in and security check when smoothly; my pants stayed firmly on my hips when I removed my belt, which was a great relief.

I originally had a total of three flights today: Denver to Phoenix, Phoenix to Maui, and Maui to Kailua-Kona. My first flight was delayed an hour at 4am this morning. I’m impressed they knew it would be delayed that early, but I guess that is their job. When I checked in, my airline took good care of me and gave me a flight from Phoenix directly to Kona. The catch is the PHX-Kona flight leaves about ten minutes after the DEN-PHX flights is scheduled to get in with the new, hour later departure. Today will be very exciting. My connection is, thankfully, only a few gates down, so I should make it in time. I’ll let you know later.

I’m so, so thankful that I am going. A week ago I didn’t have tickets to Hawai’i, and I thought I would not be going. But God is faithful and provides in His own timing, and here I am. I still have about $10,000 dollars to raise to pay for DTS, but that feels doable, somehow.

I will let you all know that I have arrived in Kona (in how many pieces only God knows) as soon as I get a chance. Until then, in His deep grace and peace,

Chris(Topher) R. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment