Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Battle Is Won…

But the war is still going. The biggest obstacle so far has been my outreach fee, which is finally covered. The total cost of the PhotoGenX DTS was over $10,000, which I saw provided in less than three months. God is good. The biggest battle is won and finished.

Many, many people, many of you, have shown great generosity and encouragement and belief in what I’m doing. You have put up with dozens of my annoying emails asking for financial support. You have not sent me any hate email in response. You have been patient with me. You have read my update blogs, the good ones and the poorly written ones and the rants (which maybe shouldn’t have happened…). You are reading this right now. Thank you.

As much as I have already received, I want to ask boldly for a little more. The money I have received so far has gone completely to my fees for training and outreach in South Africa. I still need to buy supplies for the trip, like a backpack to carry my camera and photography gear, an external hard drive to back up images and important files, gear and basic necessities I will have to buy. I am hoping my costs in total will be around $500 to buy all the gear and things I will need. I am not sure how much the costs will end up being.

So, you know now the expenses for the outreach trip are done. If you would still like to support me financially, the money will go toward the most important and costly gear I need, hopefully a camera bag first, then an external hard drive, and smaller things like travel towels and toothpaste last. Or if you have equipment/gear/supplies I may have use for, email me to see if I could use it and you could ship it.

Snail mail to Hawaii is slow and seems a little unreliable. My mom helps with my finances my depositing checks into my account so I can pay my YWAM bills. Checks made out to me can be sent to her at my home address. Or if you use Paypal, I have a donate link set up on my Blogger update site (you're on it!) that goes to my checking account.

Thank you all for all your prayers, all your support, and all your encouragement. I have my outreach fees paid! This is an investment into what I plan and want to become my lifelong work. I want to use photography for the rest of my life to see and show the world through different eyes, and to validate people who have never been validated. I want to use photography as a tool to pray for the people I meet. For the rest of my life, I want to use photography to inspire others and to be a voice for the voiceless. I am doing that and will continue to do that for many years because of your support and coming alongside me. And this is an investment into lives of beautiful valuable people, whom the world has condemned as ugly and worthless. I will help reverse those lies. Love always wins.

Thank you for your love. You are helping the winning side.

Grace and Peace! With much love,

Christopher Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment