Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thoughts On Healing and More

If you didn't already know, God has been healing warts on my hands. It's still amazing to me that this is happening. But I've come to realize it should be normal. Jesus called me to be naturally supernatural. "Proclaim as you go, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons" (Matthew 10:7–8).

I have to be honest – the last time I raised a dead person was, um, never. That's ridiculous, to raise the dead, isn't it? I don't know if I've even met a leper (although I think the warts I had count as a skin disease). And although I've prayed for healing and have met people with demonic influences over their lives, I don't know if anyone has been healed and I don't think I cast out any demons. But Jesus instructed the Twelve to do all this – including raising the dead! – before He was crucified and resurrected. Jesus gave them authority before they were trained up. They saw Him teach, heal, raise the dead, cast out demons, so they some idea of what Jesus did to copy; but they didn't have a class like Cleansing Lepers 101 before Jesus sent them on outreach.

This gives me great hope, for myself, and for anyone other Christian. I am receiving phenomenal teaching and training in Herrnhut and with YWAM. I know people with other organizations, for example InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, who are getting excellent training and equipping in God's Word and ministry. I think there is a need and a place for YWAM or IVCF or whatever. But this type of life is for everyone.

From what I've learned, here is what I've gathered that everything comes down to: 1) Because of Christ, I am God's son. 2) Because of Christ, I have the Holy Spirit living in me. 3) I obey the Lord in whatever I do. Knowing my true spiritual identity, and that I am God's tabernacle, and doing as God says are, I believe, the keys to making the most of the authority Jesus has given those whom He has called.

Anyway, that's what I've been thinking recently.

Ephesians 3:20 – "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,"

Grace and peace,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment