Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mourning that Waits Expectanly for Joy

It's been a while. Not much has happened since the last time I've sent out an update. This is part of how I'm processing, so I am sorry if the writing is rough and off.

I can only really think one thing. My maternal grandmother had a heart attack and went into a coma Wednesday and she was declared brain dead and taken off life support today.

I will not be able to fly home for her funeral, but I'm asking that God might somehow provide tickets. I've heard of crazier things happening. I am upset that I won't be able to come home for her funeral and be with my family. So I appreciate your prayer and encouragement for my family.

I guess this is part of the reality of being in ministry away from home. I'm confident that God is at work, that He is good, and He loves us. And I remember Easter, that death has been defeated. There is comfort, there is peace, there is hope.

"For if we have been united with [Jesus] in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his." – Romans 6:5

Grace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment